Post Time Auctions are online only sales powered by the HiBid.com auction platform. Entrants remain on sellers property –
no stress or risk to the horse, no shipping or additional sales costs to the consignor!
Typical auctions will allow bidding over an 8-day span. Please double check the specifics of the auction you are entering.
All sales are conducted in Canadian dollars.
- Click here to Enter Your Horse
- Submit at least one photo of your horse. A photo with a measuring stick to the withers is highly recommended. Videos, additional notes on conformation & temperament are encouraged. A pedigree will be provided by Post Time Auctions.
- Be sure to indicate a reserve on the entry form. This is mandatory.
- Pay an entry fee (varies by sale) via PayPay, etransfer, certified cheque or cash. This entry fee includes a Jockey Club catalog-style pedigree or a breed-appropriate pedigree. Please contact a PTA representative to discuss other payment options.
- Once the entry fee and required paperwork (see below) are successfully submitted, your horse will be added to the online catalog for that sale.
- Post Time Auction commission schedule:
- Commission varies by sale
- There is never a commission on RNAs
- Please note: All sales are subject to the 13% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) that will be charged to the successful bidder
Depending on the type of horse you are offering, the following paperwork must be sent to:
43502 Sparta Line
St Thomas, ON
N5P 3S8, Canada
Services like Fedex, UPS, DHL are strongly recommended.
- Jockey Club papers for thoroughbreds. 2018 foal crop and younger via electronic transfer. 2017 foal crop and older papers should be mailed to the above address
- Copy of Coggins drawn within 12 months of the sale date (original Coggins must be given to the eventual buyer upon pickup)
- Stallion Service Certificate for pregnant mares either released electronically to The Jockey Club (for thoroughbreds) or mailed to the above address
- Authorized Consignor Form if selling on behalf of someone else
- Pregnancy/Suitable for Mating Certificate for broodmares and broodmare prospects (Examined within 21 days of the sale)
Horses will not be catalogued until the proper paperwork has been received.
Interaction With Buyers
- Please provide a phone number and physical address if potential bidders are welcome to inspect your horse prior to bidding
- Shortly after the auction closes, you will be notified of your result
- Once payment has processed, you will be notified and the buyer will contact you to organize pick up. Transportation costs are the responsibility of the buyer
- Buyers must pick up their horse within 7 days or they can be liable for boarding charges from the next day forward
- Your sale’s proceeds will be sent out within 7 days after they are processed, minus Post Time Auctions commissions (see above)